Effective brand messaging can communicate values, inspire and create a desire to purchase. But how does your messaging come into play within your business? Aside from the obvious places – like your website, social media captions, and customer communications – your brand messaging also comes across in your brand imaging.
First, it’s important to understand that your brand image refers to the general impression people have of your brand when they come into contact with it; it’s how they walk away thinking and feeling about your brand after interacting with customer service, visiting your social media, browsing your website…etc.
This means it is absolutely crucial that your image is professional and consistent with the message you’re trying to send – otherwise, you may end up driving away your dream clients, or worse, attracting the wrong ones.
HERE'S THE BIG DIFFERENCE
A strong image can help you attract new customers and build trust with existing ones, while a weak or confusing image can repel customers and damage your business. Some of the advantages of a strong branding image are that it:
01. Captures your ideal client’s attention and encourages them to learn more!
02. Sets you apart from your competitors. This is critical with how accessible and global other brands are nowadays – you want to immediately showcase what you have that they do not.
03. Uses clear, effective communication to help consumers make an easier, quicker buying decision.
04. Creates memorability and recognizability with intentional, unique design.
05. Bridges the gap between you and the consumer by building trust and connection.
REMINDER: You only have *three* seconds to capture your audience's attention on social media – make them count!!
Developing a purposeful image strategy in the early stages of your business is SO important. You want to be able to tell the story of who you are, what you do and how you do it as quickly and clearly as possible. So, before sharing new content or engaging with new potential clients, ask yourself: do I have a strong understanding of my message, and is this in clear alignment with it? If one or both are a no…we're here to help!
If you feel like your current brand image is out of touch with your brand's message, reach out to us now to learn more about our quality branding services and team of professionals. We would love to work with you!